(Note all these tips fit the 140 character count for a Twitter post)
In the presentation, I clarify the mystical SharePoint
Governance buzzwords that have been adding confusion for many. I also
outline the best practices model and approach for implementing SharePoint
throughout an organization. In fact, it’s the model we use here at Sophicity.
As they say, we eat our own dog food.
Check out the presentation slides and ping me if you have any feedback.
Also, if you want to learn more about our lessons learned
for using SharePoint to increase productivity while decreasing cost please
checkout our Spring 2009 SMC presentation Putting the Share in SharePoint.
One quote, from Alameda County, Ca's Assistant Director Donald Edwards particularly caught my eye: "...government services will be increasingly automated. This is about the modernization and mechanization of services." That pretty much sums up the future pretty well. We're going to see more local government entities moving in this direction as soon as they can get over the initial shock of having to pay money for things that aren't necessarily "on fire."
Check it out and it's a great article if you're thinking of reinventing the way your city uses IT.
The Paradoxical Commandments of Government
1. The reward for doing good work is more work. Do good work anyway.
2. All the money you save being more efficient will get cut from your budget now and forever. Find efficiencies anyway.
3. All the bold reforms you make will be undone by the next administration. Make bold reforms anyway.
4. There is no time to think about improving what we do. Make time anyway.
5. Employees may fight the change every step of the way. Involve them anyway.
6. The future is unpredictable and largely out of your hands. Plan anyway.
7. The press only cares when something goes wrong. Share your success stories anyway.
8. Legal will never let you do it. Simplify it anyway.
9. If you develop your people they will move on to better jobs. Train them anyway.
10. Your ideas will at best make someone else look good and at worst get you ostracized by your co-workers. Share your ideas anyway.
Our Focus | Products | Resources | Company | Contact | Sitemap | Login
© 2009-2017 Mimsware Corporation, all rights reserved. Sophicity®, "We put the IT in City”, and the Sophicity logo are registered trademarks of Mimsware Corporation d/b/a Sophicity.